How to Buy Mesh Wire?
Whether you are remodeling your home, repairing a broken fence or beginning a special project, wire mesh can be a great resource as a building material. Flexible and versatile, wire mesh has many uses. When you head to your local hardware supply store, you may find the numerous choices of mesh daunting. Here are some steps you can take to make sure you choose the right wire mesh for your project.
1. Know what type of project you are doing. If, for example you are redoing sections of stucco on your home, you will need what is commonly known as chicken wire. If you are repairing a screen or putting up wire to make a fence more secure, you will want regular wire mesh. This type of mesh comes in squares or rectangles of various sizes.
2. Head over to your local hardware or home supply store. Once there, you can typically find the various types of mesh along with outdoor fencing supplies. They will all be lined up and sold by the roll.
3. Depending on your type of project, you can begin choosing your mesh. Larger gauges of mesh are suitable for fences and stucco. Smaller gauges can suit anything from screens to patch jobs. Choose your gauge according to what you are trying to keep in or out. If you are having trouble choosing the right gauge of mesh, don't hesitate to ask a store associate. Often they are very knowledgeable about a number of projects.
4. Once you have chosen your mesh, make absolutely certain you buy enough. The rule of thumb is to buy more and return what you don't need.
5. Once you have chosen your type of mesh and the amount you will need, head to the check out counter and make your purchase.